The Center for Statistical Science at Peking University is a cross-campus Center for statistical science. Members of the Center consist of statistical faculties from School of Mathematical Sciences, Guanghua School of Management, and School of Public Health at Peking University.
The goals of the Center are to integrate statistical faculties across different schools in producing high quality statistical research and engaging in cross-discipline collaborations within this leading university in China.
There are open rank tenure-track or tenured positions joint with Department of Probability and Statistics (DPS) or Department of Financial Mathematics (DFM), School of Mathematical Science; Department of Biostatistics, School of Publich Health. Interested candidate may enquire with Prof. Fang Yao (email@example.com) for details of the position and the selection criteria.
The candidates are required to have Ph.D. in Statistics or related fields, and will be expected to pursue innovative research in broadly defined areas of Statistics/Data Science (including Machine Learning, Actuarial Science, Mathematical Finance, Bioinformatics, Artificial Intelligence etc) at the highest level; to establish an internationally reputable program; to have a strong commitment to undergraduate and graduate teaching. All candidates should submit their cover letter, CV, three reference letters by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidate should specify clearly in the cover letter which position he/she would like to apply for. Cross-appointments with other schools, such as Biological Sciences, Computer Science, Medicine etc are possible and upon negotiation.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2023. The positions remain open until they are filled.
Expected Starting Date: September 1, 2024.
Application Procedure: All candidates should submit their cover letter, CV, three reference letters by email to email@example.com. Candidate should specify clearly in the cover letter which position he/she would like to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities: Research, teaching, graduate student supervision, collaborative research. Teaching is conducted in Chinese and/or English.
Qualifications: Ph. D. in Statistics or related fields, strong research background or potential, good communication skills and interest in teaching.
Salary Range: Regionally competitive salary depending on the level of appointment and experience.
Benefits: In additional to the standard benefits for faculties at PKU, a settling down allowance and a start-up grant will be provided.
Web Site: http://www.stat-center.pku.edu.cn
Full-Time Faculty Recruitment of Guanghua School of Management:
Grounded in the rich cultural legacy of Peking University, Guanghua School of Management is proud to be at the forefront of business and economics research in China. As a strong research-oriented faculty and an internationally recognized institution, Guanghua’s research output consistently ranks among top elite schools in Asia.
We are seeking applications for positions at the Assistant/Associate/Full Professor level across all economics statistics, business, and management-related academic fields. Guanghua offers supportive scholarships and is committed to the development of our junior faculty.
Successful candidates will be expected to pursue independent research at the highest international level and establish a competitive research program leading to publications in top-ranked academic journals.
- Assistant Professor (not tenured)
- Associate Professor (not tenured)
- Professor (tenured)
- A Ph.D. degree in related fields with an outstanding educational or working background.
- Excellent research abilities with the potential of becoming a leader in your academic field.
- Able to teach in both English and Chinese.
Compensation and Benefits
- A globally competitive salary package.
- Housing allowance.
- A rental apartment or subsidized school housing in accordance with national and school-level requirements.
- Research seed funding.
- International academic seminar funding.
- Financial support for social science/natural science projects or projects launched through the "Guanghua Thought Leadership Platform".
- Generous research grants and recommendations to the "Guanghua Young Scholar" or "Guanghua Researcher" program (Based on your application conditions).
- Annual vacation leave and paid academic leave.
- Access to quality education for your children, including Peking University's Affiliated Kindergarten, Affiliated Primary School and Affiliated Middle School.
- Fully furnished private office, catering service and administrative support.
- Personal CV (including a list of publications together with your teaching and research experience).
- Cover Letter.
- Full text of at least three (3) representative research publications.
- Three (3) Reference Letters.
- Other evidence of research and teaching experience (including awards).
Please send your application materials to Recruitment@gsm.pku.edu.cn.